Stanislaus County offers citizens the ability to apply for some building permits and the ability to research building permits and planning projects through our Online Services. For residents of the City of Ceres you will find you can research permits for the Ceres jurisdiction. However, Ceres is not currently accepting online applications for a permit. We trust this will provide you with a new, higher level of service that makes living and working in our community a more enjoyable experience.
Online Assistance and How To's
- How to Register for an Account
- How to Apply for a Permit
- Document Requirements and Submission Standards
- HT Book Mark a PDF Document
- How to Attach a Document
- How to Submit Revised Plans
- How to Schedule Inspections
Applying for Online Permits
The following Stanislaus County permits are available for online application:
- Fire General Inspection
- Furnace Changeout - Wall or Floor
- Gas Service Reconnect
- Residential or Agricultural Electrical Service - 1000 amps or less
- Residential Reroof
- Sewer Line Repair
- Water Heater
- Water Line Repair
- Wood Stove - Insert - Liner
To apply for Stanislaus County permits you must register and create a user account. You can view information and have limited services as an anonymous user. By creating an account you will find you have more access and detailed information when researching permits.
Permit Tracking and Management
Through the County's Online Services, customers can search for, track both building and land use permits or projects. Customers can also request inspections.
Searching For a Permit or Project
To search for a permit or project select the appropriate tab near the top of the screen. Under "General Search" enter your permit or project number into the "Record Number" field and click "Search". You will then be able to view available details about that specific permit or project.
Scheduling an Inspection
To schedule an inspection, your permit must first be issued. Once your permit is issued navigate to the appropriate permit. For help on how to do this see the previous section "Searching For a Permit or Project". Once you are viewing the details of your permit:
- Scroll down to the Grey box that reads "Inspections".
- Click the arrow to expand the section.
- Click "Schedule or Request an Inspection".
- Follow the steps in the pop up window to schedule your inspection request.