Navigate the permit process for accessory dwelling units, utility requests, HVAC and more!
Notice of Temporary Office Closure:
Our office will be closed on Wednesday, December 13, 2023 from approximately 8:30 a.m. - 10:00 a.m. for a safety meeting. Thank you for your patience and support.
Staff is available to assist customers from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday-Friday. Friday in person assistance is by appointment only. Appointments for all in person assistance is highly recommended.
Contact us for more information, including how to schedule an appointment. Contact Us
Information on the County's Housing Element Update process currently underway.
ADUs are an accessory beyond traditional construction in California homes providing a solution for additional housing needs for families.
With Citizen Access you can apply for certain permits, research permits and research planning projects. Learn more about online services.
Listing of all planning project referrals active in the Planning Department.
View filed and posted notices on the Clerk Recorder website.
Who We Are
The Planning and Community Development Department promotes community and economic development by providing a diverse land use base focused on promoting and protecting local agriculture, enhancing community infrastructure and public services, and providing high quality, streamlined permit processing services for the benefit of all our customers.
What We Do
The Planning and Community Development Department has three primary divisions, each performing different but interrelated functions:
- Building Permits
- Construction permits; floodplain administration; and abandoned and dangerous building abatement.
- Community Development
- Stanislaus Urban County Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) and Emergency Solutions Grant (ESG) fund administration; and housing programs (first-time home buyer and rehabilitation programs).
- General Plan, Zoning Ordinance, and Subdivision Ordinance administration and implementation; California Land Conservation Act (Williamson Act) administration; and State Mining and Reclamation Act administration.
The Planning and Community Development Department also serves as staff to the:
- Stanislaus County Airport Land Use Commission; and
- Successor Agency to the former Stanislaus County Redevelopment Agency