Who We Are
We are the Stanislaus County Probation Department, focused on providing community safety and services with professional integrity.
Led by Chief Probation Officer Mark Ferriera, the Stanislaus County Probation Department is a forward-thinking, progressive department that aims to offer high-level rehabilitative services and supervision. The department consists of three major divisions: Field Services, Institutional Services, and Administrative Services. The Institutions Division consists of two Juvenile Facilities: Juvenile Hall and the Juvenile Commitment Facility. The Field Services Division is comprised of Alternatives-to-Custody Programs, Juvenile and Adult Field Supervision Units, the Day Reporting Center, Pretrial Services, and officers assigned to the Juvenile and Adult Superior Courts. The department’s Administrative Services Division consists of Human Resources, Information and Technology, Accounting, Fiscal and the department’s administrative team.
What We Do
Stanislaus County Probation ascribes to the following values as core business principles:
- Deliver services with integrity, professionalism and competence
- Treat all individuals with dignity and respect
- Commit to innovation, creativity and collaborative partnerships
- Encourage leadership, professional development and a positive work environment
The Department continues to emphasize technology as a means to provide better service. Current projects include collaborating on integrations with other agencies and departments to increase efficiency and improve service to the community.
The Probation Department continues to focus on youth oriented programs implemented through grants and community partnerships. The young person represents our best opportunity for success in terms of modifying behavior in a positive manner. The Department’s primary goal is to preempt the involvement of youth in the criminal justice system.
What We Offer
Stanislaus County Probation provides community safety and services with professional integrity.
As an integral part of the criminal justice system, Probation protects our community by:
- Promoting responsible behavior and offender accountability
- Providing objective information and recommendations to the Courts
- Operating safe and secure juvenile facilities and programs
- Partnering with the community to provide direct services to offenders, families and victims
Our email domain has changed to @stanpro.org, if you are trying to contact a Probation employee and have an old @stancounty.com please update the email domain to @stanpro.org.