Clerk-Recorder, Registrar of Voters, Commissioner of Civil Marriages
- Donna Linder has worked in various capacities in every unit within the Department, including as the Assistant Clerk-Recorder and Registrar of Voters for the past several years. She has personally worked on more than 50 elections over the past 20 years and worked as the lead Manager in many of those elections. She is a Certified California Document Examiner and registered as a California Election Official. This combination of skills and experience allows her to maintain the high level of integrity, commitment and competence Stanislaus County citizens both expect and deserve.
Ms. Linder was elected Clerk-Recorder, Registrar of Voters in June of 2018. The Clerk-Recorder’s office has three primary functions:
- Clerk / Vital Records Functions:
- Issues copies of birth, death and marriage certificates; issues and registers marriage licenses; performs civil marriage ceremonies; maintains records of all marriages, births and deaths occurring within Stanislaus County; files statements of economic interests, environmental impact reports and fictitious business name statements; registers notaries public, process servers, professional photocopiers, legal document assistants (LDAs) and unlawful detainer assistants (UDAs); and acts as passport agent for applications.
- Recorder Functions:
- Preserves the official archive of legally recordable documents; records or files authorized documents and maps; and issues certified copies of recorded documents.
- Elections Functions:
- Conducts federal, state, county, school district and special district elections and municipal elections by contract; registers voters and updates their files as they move or change name or political party; assists military and overseas civilian voters; files campaign paperwork and documents for candidates and elected officials; designs and proofreads voter information guides and ballots; sets precincts for each election based on district lines and population; surveys voting locations for Americans with Disabilities Act compliance; recruits and trains election volunteers and seasonal workers; and counts vote by mail ballots and ballots cast in person.