Skip to content
Picture of Vineyard

A Division of Environmental Resources

3800 Cornucopia Way
Suite C
Modesto, Ca 95358
Get Directions

Phone: (209) 525-6700

Mon - Fri: 7:30am - 5pm

Frequently Asked Questions

As a Stanislaus County resident you have a number of choices:

The Fink Road Landfill located at 4000 Fink Road, Crows Landing, will take your items for a fee.

The cities of Modesto, Ceres, Oakdale and Patterson and the unincorporated area of Stanislaus County offer a curbside bulky item collection program by appointment. Call your garbage company for more information. View garbage companies telephone numbers .

Many cities have annual clean-up days for their residents. Contact your city hall to see if this program is offered in your city and the scheduled dates.

There are also several transfer stations in the area that are open to the public to dispose of your items for a fee ( view complete information.. ).

For residents of the unincorporated area of the County and who subscribe to garbage service, a twice a year bulky item pick up service is available. View flyer for details . Call your garbage company for more information.

No, simply empty all of the contents and place in the recycling container. There is no requirement to rinse them out.

The only specific requirements on the type of container you can use to recycle used oil is that the container be clean and have a screw on lid to prevent the oil from leaking. Use this type of container to transport your oil to a Certified Collection Center ( CCC ). Find a CCC near you , or call 1(800)-CLEANUP.

Also, many areas have curbside used oil pick-up. Contact your garbage company to see if this service is available in your area.

If you have oil that has been contaminated with water, anti-freeze, transmission fluid and/or debris, the County's Household Hazardous Waste facility will accept it for FREE. Review location, hours, and items that can be disposed at the Household facility.

Review the complete listing of disposal options available. The Fink Road Landfill will take old tires for a fee and is located at 4000 Fink Road, Crows Landing ( Map ). Call (209) 837-4800 for hours of operation and costs. Many of the transfer stations will also accept used tires for a fee.

CAUTION: It is illegal to transport more than 9 tires without a permit. For more information visit the CalRecycle Tire Hauler site. For additional information on tire management, call 866-896-0600 toll free or visit

The county does not currently provide recycling at multi-family dwellings, however here is a list of buy back centers within the county where you can take your recyclables.

With the passage of AB 341 all multi-family dwellings of 5 or more units must have some type of recycling program. This can include recycling containers on site, residents taking their recycling to a recycling center, and/or donating the recyclables. For additional information please contact your complex manager or landlord. You can also find more information about AB 341 at or by calling, 209-525-6700.

To properly dispose of household hazardous waste for FREE, the Stanislaus County Household Hazardous Waste Facility is open to the public Fridays and Saturdays 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. except holidays and is located at 1710 Morgan Road, Modesto ( Map ). Additional information is available in the Stanislaus County Recycling Guide , by phone at (209) 525-6789 (24-hour Hotline) or (209) 525-6700.

Copyright © Stanislaus County, California 2017

Back to top