Milk & Dairy
Phone: (209) 525-6700
The Environmental Resources Department oversees the Milk & Dairy Industry as follows:
- Inspects market milk ("Grade A") and manufacturing grade ("Grade B") dairy farms for conformance with quality and sanitation requirements - See our Dairy Farm Water Protection Handbook
- Samples milk at the producer level and conducts an analysis in our Public Health Lab, for bacterial content and the presence of contaminants, to ensure safety.
- Routinely collects samples of finished products from retail outlets and analyzes for compliance with standards.
- Investigates consumer complaints and follows up with appropriate actions.
- Condemns milk and milk products that may be unfit or unsafe for human consumption.
- Milk & Dairy Fees