Board of Supervisors
Elizabeth A. King
Clerk of the Board of Supervisors
Elizabeth King was appointed by the Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors and assumed office as the Clerk of the Board on March 5, 2016. To help her efficiently and effectively perform her duties, the Clerk of the Board is assisted by one Assistant Clerk of the Board and three Deputy Clerks. As the Clerk of the Board she also manages the Board of Supervisors’ Division.
She is an active member of the California Clerk of the Board of Supervisors Association. Elizabeth is also a member of the California Association of Clerks and Elected Officials and serves on the Legislative Committee. Elizabeth graduated with her BA from the University of California at Santa Cruz.
Some of the Clerk of the Board Staff responsibilities are:
- Clerk all Board of Supervisors meetings and record legislative actions.
- Maintain records and indexes dating back to 1854.
- Prepare the Board of Supervisors meeting agendas.
- Maintain records and record actions of the Assessment Appeals Board.
- Maintain the official records of more than 104 Boards and Commissions, and Committees and Special Districts.
- Maintain the Stanislaus County Code.
- Maintain over 80 Conflict of Interest Codes and serve as Filing Official for more than 1,100 Statements of Economic Interests.
- Conduct bid openings for County Capital Building and Road Projects.
- Receive and process all claims against the County.
- Provide a variety of administrative services for the Board of Supervisors Division.