Obtaining a Marriage License
Marriage Licenses may be obtained at:
Stanislaus County Clerk-Recorder Office
Mon - Fri 8am - 4pm
1021 I Street
Modesto, Ca. 95354
Office: (209) 525-5250
Fax: (209) 525-5804
- Both Parties must appear in person to apply for the license.
- Both Parties must be 18 years of age or older to apply for a license without parental consent.
- You will be required to prove your identity and age.
- In the case of a previous marriage that ended in either divorce or death, be prepared with the divorce papers or death certificate -- no matter how long ago the divorce or death occurred.
- The license is valid for 90 days in the State of California.
- Marriage License Application - Download PDF in: English | Spanish
- Application for Confidential Marriage License [PDF]
Use the following link for help with a name and/or address change: Name/Address Changes