Who We Are
Code Enforcement investigates violations of housing, zoning and vehicle abatement laws. We work to achieve voluntary compliance through notification and education. When necessary, legal procedures are used including boarding structures, removing junk and rubbish, junk vehicles, civil citations, and demolition of dangerous buildings. Our goal is to maintain and improve property values and the quality of life for residents, visitors and business owners.
What We Do
The Environmental Resources Department maintains code enforcement as follows:
- Investigates complaints regarding environmental concerns such as illegal dumping, refuse disposal and nuisances creating health & safety issues.
- Abates the improper or illegal use of recreational vehicles being used for permanent occupancy.
- Performs zoning enforcement activities related to non-permitted or illegal land use.
- Investigates complaints associated with vehicle storage yards, junkyards & automobile dismantlers.
- Abates abandoned vehicles.
- Abates graffiti.
- Abates vacant structures with uncontrolled access.
- Abates vacant lands used for illegal dumping.
- Assists in neighborhood beautification enhancement.
- Conducts forced clean ups.
What We Offer
- Help in the fight to reduce crime and improve quality of life.
- Protect health and safety.
- Help maintain property values.
- Prevent the physical and aesthetic deterioration of our community.