The town of Grayson was started in 1849 by Andrew J. Grayson, John W. Benschusten and five other men. The town was named after Grayson "because he was the oldest". The town had a boom period in the late 1860's when grain was the biggest cash crop in the area. By the 1880's, Grayson was one of the most active river ports in the county for grain, wool and produce. (Robert Darus Tatum)
GRAYSON DEMOGRAPHICS (Census 2010)
- Population - 952
BOARDS, COMMISSIONS, AND SPECIAL DISTRICTS
Grayson Community Services District
Established January 21, 1969. Provision of street lighting and sewer services.
Contact: Connie Payan (209) 484-1096