District 1 - William O'Brien
Born and raised in Stanislaus County, William O´Brien graduated from Davis High School in Modesto. He graduated with a degree in Business Administration and Financial Management from Cal Poly in 1994. He returned back to Stanislaus County and joined the family business, O´Brien's Markets, and is currently General Manager responsible for daily operations.
William O´Brien was first elected to the Riverbank City Council as a Council member in November 1998. After serving two years, William was elected Mayor in 2000, and re-elected in 2002. In March of 2004, he was elected to the Stanislaus County Board of Supervisors District 1 and re-elected in 2008 and 2012.
William and his wife have two children.
Took Office: January 2005
Third Term Expires: January 2017
2016 Board Committee Assignments
- Capital Facilities Committee
- City-County 10th Street JPA Commissions
- Commission of the California County Tobacco Securitization Agency
- Community Corrections Partnership (CCP)
- Community Development Committee
- Consolidated Stanislaus Regional 911 (Emergency Dispatch)
- General Plan Update Committee
- Health Executive Committee
- Juvenile Justice Coordinating Council
- Local Agency Formation Committee (LAFCO) Alternate
- North County Corridor Transportation Express Authority
- San Joaquin Valley Air Pollution Control District Board of Directors
- StanCOG Executive Committee
- StanCOG Policy Board