Cultural and Ethnic Diverse Services
Stanislaus County Behavioral Health and Recovery Services (BHRS) is a committed organization that values the perspectives and cultures of diverse staff, individuals served and their families, as well as community members and partners.
BHRS has long been devoted to strategies that embrace diversity and to provide welcoming behavioral health and compassionate recovery services that are effective, equitable, and responsive to individuals’ cultural health beliefs and practices.
To ensure we continue to improve the quality of services and eliminate inequities and barriers to care for marginalized cultural and ethnic communities, BHRS supports the Cultural Competence, Equity, and Social Justice Committee and its mission:
In partnership with our providers and community, our mission is to transform our entire system by:
- Ensuring that culture is acknowledged and incorporated throughout BHRS in a measurable and substantive way
- Educating our workforce about the meaning of cultural competence and about how to actually implement the concepts
- Ensuring our Cultural Competence Plan remains effective and responsive to change
- Empowering consumers, family members, and communities representing all cultures
CCESJC strives to reduce/eliminate cultural disparity by improving access to culturally and linguistically sensitive/competent behavioral health services.
The Cultural Competence, Equity, and Social Justice Committee (CCESJC) meets on the 2nd Monday of each month from 9:00 AM to 10:30 AM at:
- Stanislaus County, Behavioral Health and Recovery Services
- Redwood Conference Room
- 800 Scenic Drive
- Modesto, CA 95350
*Committee meeting is only open to current members.
- Mayra Mendoza
- Behavioral Health and Recovery Services
- 800 Scenic Drive, Building E
- Modesto, CA 95350
- Desk: 209.525.6225
Executive Committee Members
- Ruben Imperial, Interim Director (Sponser)
- Abraham Andres, Co-Chair
- Jorge Fernandez, Co-Chair
- Mayra Mendoza, Support gro.srhbnats@azodnemmm
- 19-20 Stanislaus County Cultural Competence Plan Requirement Update
- 18-19 Stanislaus County Cultural Competence Plan Requirement Update
- 17-18 Stanislaus County Cultural Competence Plan Requirement Update
- 16-17 Stanislaus County Cultural Competence Plan Requirement Update
- 15-16 Stanislaus County Cultural Competence Plan Requirement Update
- 14-15 Stanislaus County Cultural Competence Plan Requirement Update
- 2010 Stanislaus County Cultural Competence Plan
Community Behavioral Health Collaboratives:
BHRS convenes and acts with our partners through a variety of collaboratives and partnerships.