County Social Media Directory
County Supervisorial Districts
Social Media Disclaimer
By participating in any social media site operated by or on behalf of Stanislaus County or one of its various departments, you must adhere to the following guidelines.
- You take full personal responsibility for your user name, your posts and any information you provide.
- You will not state or attempt to create the appearance that you represent the views of the County, County Departments or County Staff using your personal social media account(s). Only “Authorized Users” in compliance with the County’s Social Media policy may articulate the views of Stanislaus County or its departments.
- Your posts are public. They may be retained and become subject to the California Public Records Act.
- Inappropriate comments are prohibited on County social media, and will be subject to immediate removal if they contain any of the following:
- Profane language or content
- Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination of protected classes
- Sexual harassment
- Solicitations or advertisements including promotional endorsements
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity
- Information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems
- Content intended to defame any person, group or organization
- Content that violates the legal ownership interest of any other party (such as trademark or copyright infringement)
- False, vicious or malicious statements concerning any employee, the County or its operations
- Statements that appear to represent unauthorized views of the County, County Departments or County Staff.
- Violent or threatening content
- Disclosure of confidential, sensitive or proprietary information
- Targeted harassment of any individual or group of individuals
- Users will be notified of any content removal.
- Repeat violators of this policy may be banned from all future posts.