Starting January 1, 2013 all CUPA regulated businesses are required by law (Assembly Bill 2286) to
submit business information electronically through the California Environmental Reporting System (CERS) found
at http://cers.calepa.ca.gov/. Many of the Unified Program
forms are no longer accepted by our department and instead must be completed online in CERS. This
includes information related to your:
- Hazardous Materials Business Plan (HMBP)
- Hazardous Waste
- Hazardous Waste Onsite Treatment
- Hazardous Waste Tank Closures
- Remote Waste Consolidation
- Recyclable Materials Reports
- Underground Storage Tanks (UST)
- Aboveground petroleum storage over 1,320 gallons (APSA/SPCC)
If you currently are regulated by Stanislaus County CUPA, we have pre-populated some of your existing
facility information into CERS and it is available to you through the CERS Business Portal. To
claim your facility in CERS follow the steps below:
To create your user account:
- Visit http://cers.calepa.ca.gov
- Select Business Portal Sign In
- Complete the registration page
- create a username and password
- select Create My Account
- Check your e-mail to activate the account.
You can also watch an instructional video for Creating A New Account in CERS.
After your account has been created, you will need to request Lead User Access to the facility we
created for your business:
- Login to CERS
- select Search Existing Businesses/Facilities
- Use the search fields to find your facility
- Complete your contact information and Submit
- Once the requestor identity has been confirmed with our existing facility contact information, lead
user access will be granted. Please be patient as this can take some time.
- Once you have access to your facility, go to Start/Edit to begin going through the information that
was populated for your business and filling in any missing information or editing any errors.
In 2013, Stanislaus County HAZMAT will sponsor presentations along with a hands-on workshop to assist you with getting started using CERS and gaining access to your facility. Due to limited space, we ask that you
wait until an invite has been sent to you before you rsvp. If you are unable to attend or would like
view the presentation before hand, you can find it
New facilities can also view the CERS Guidance Document
to learn how to create your business in CERS.
Links to the individual Environmental Resources Department hazardous materials programs are as follows: