17th Annual Family Domestic Violence Conference
Friday, October 28, 2016
8:30 am—4:30 pm
Petersen Event Center
720 12th St, Modesto, CA
DOMESTIC VIOLENCE PREVENTION AND INTERVENTION
- DAVE LOCKRIDGE
- THE STRANGULATION TASK FORCE
Only credit card payments are accepted online.
Only checks or cash will be accepted at the door.
Free parking is reserved for 100 spaces at the 820 12th Street Parking Garage (between H & I Streets). Please tell the guard that you are attending the Conference and they will direct you to the 7th floor.
Please note: the “Lot is Full” sign refers only to the first floor public parking.
Lunch will not be provided at the conference. A list of restaurants within walking distance of the conference will be provided to attendees.
- 8:30 – 9:00 Registration
- 9:00 – 11:45 Dave Lockridge
- 11:45 – 1:15 Lunch
- 1:15 – 3:00 Strangulation Task Force
- 3:00 - 3:15 Break
- 3:15 - 4:30 H.A.R.R.T.
Dave Lockridge – ACE Overcomers
- Identify adverse childhood experiences
- Describe the effects of persistent stress
- Recognize sources of anger
- Define essential communication skills
Strangulation Task Force
- Presentation will be on Non-Fatal Strangulation providing statistics and processes for those who encounter a non-fatal strangulation victim including law enforcement, emergency medical services, ER doctors and nurses, victim advocates, probation officers, and prosecutors.
H.A.R.R.T (Healthy And Responsible Relationships Troop)
- Learn about the H.A.R.R.T. model of youth-led, school-based adolescent relationship abuse prevention
- Recognize the warning signs of relationship violence
- Understand the Cycle of Violence and the role of Power and Control in abusive relationships
- Identify healthy relationship skills and behaviors