Untitled Document
Stanislaus County
Clerk Recorder
Department Navigational Bar
Clerk Recorder Homepage
Registrar of Voters Homepage
Clerk »
Department Overview
Elected Officials / Statement of Economic Interest [PDF]
Forms »
Office Closures & Reduced Staff Days[PDF]
Recorders »
Vital Records »
Stanislaus County Home
Your Title
  • How do I correct information on a vital record?

Some incorrect information on a vital record can be corrected by amending the record. To amend a record, a "Request to Amend a Vital Record" must be completed and mailed to the California State Office of Vital Records or go to www.cdph.ca.gov.   If the amendment is filed within a year of the event, there is no charge. If more than a year has passed since the event, there will be a $20.00 processing fee. Once the request has been processed, the State will mail you a new certified copy of the record. The "Request to Amend a Vital Record" form is available from the following Agency.

Vital Statistics Division of the Stanislaus County Health Department,
Stanislaus County Clerk-Recorder

California State Office of Vital Records.
« Back to homepage
© Copyright Stanislaus County all rights reserved