S . C . A . T . E – Stanislaus County Alternative to Euthanasia
S.C.A.T.E. is a spay and neuter program for dogs and cats
S.C.A.T.E. voucher can be purchased at the monthly low cost vaccination / license clinics sponsored by Stanislaus County Animal Services. The pet and the owner must be present at the clinic.
Who is the Program For?
Residents living in Stanislaus County and not within in the city limits of Newman, Oakdale, Riverbank and Turlock, qualifies for the program (Proof of Residency Required).
Any Dog or Cat 4 months old or older.
What does it Cost?
- $140.00 for a standard voucher
- $72.00 with proof of low income
- Male $72.00 / Female $113.00 for a standard voucher
- Male $50.00 / Female $63.00 with proof of low income
For low income the pet owner must provide one of the following:
The name and address on the proof of low income must match the owner’s identification.
- A current Medi-Cal Card
- A current EBT Card
- A current low-income Utility Bill
What do I get for the SCATE Voucher?
- A spay or neuter surgery
- A rabies vaccination
- A microchip (permanent identification) with registration in a national data base
- A license
- And the knowledge that you have done your part in helping to solve the “Pet Overpopulation Problem”!
Where do I Take My Pet After Receiving a Voucher?
Any of the 22 participating veterinarians indicated on your SCATE Voucher
Where Can I Get More Information?
Call the Animal Shelter at (209) 558-7387 etx. 21011