WHENEVER THERE IS AN IMMEDIATE DANGER, CALL 911.
Reporting Elder Abuse/Neglect
Reporting Child Abuse/Neglect
To report child abuse or neglect and sexual abuse or molestation (observed or suspected):
Bilingual services are available at numbers with an asterisk.
- Community Services Agency - Child Welfare Services
(8 A.M. - 5 P.M.)
- County-wide: 558-3665 or 1-800-558-3665 *
- Juvenile Services / Crimes Against Children: 209-525-7442
- Juvenile Hall 209-525-4580
- Juvenile Casework 209-525-5400
- Adult Casework 209-558-6539
Professionals, who in the course of their work, come in contact with families and children (medical practitioners, non-medical practitioners, daycare providers, probation officers, social workers, etc.)
MUST report (Penal Code Section 111165) :
- physical abuse
- sexual abuse
- severe or general neglect
- willful cruelty or unjustifiable punishment
- unjustifiable mental suffering
- any of the above in out-of-home care
to a "child protective agency" (police, sheriff, probation, child welfare).
All other citizens MAY report.
A phone report must be made immediately upon suspicion or knowledge.
A written report is required within 36 hours.
Reporting forms can be requested by calling the C.P.S. 24-hour phone line: 558-3665 or 1-800-558-3665.